Monday, February 13, 2012

Dress Up Your Roll

When I read about the competition to Dress Up You Roll, as in toilet paper roll, I was intrigued. When I actually got around to doing it, I was clueless.

So, after I had already started cutting out the fabric I intended to use, I realized mine was going to be able to cover two rolls. Hmmm… could this be a deal changer? I don’t know. However, I decided what the hell and pressed on. Literally. My sock monkey fabric was quite wrinkly. Why use the knit look fabric from Moda? Because I was making a Roll Monkey!


I approached it the same way I suppose I would have had I been making an actual sock monkey, except that I ran a little short on fabric. I opted to use the plain muslin I was using for the hands, feet, mouth and hat for the back, along with touches of red like it was from the tip of the sock. Of course, I’ve never actually made a sock monkey, so naturally things didn’t always go according to plan, or the fact that I was simply designing as I went.



In the end, my entry is cute and makes me laugh and as bonus holds two rolls of toilet paper. I’ve been keeping my eyes away from the competition so I wouldn’t be held back by my imagination, but now that I’m done, I have to go take a gander. I’m curious to see what others have come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment